Staying in shape and sticking to your health goals can be a roller coaster. Sometimes it’s a struggle, and you feel like you’re swimming upstream.
Then you have those moments where you notice your gains in the mirror, or your favorite jeans feel a little loose, or you crush a HIIT workout that felt impossible — and suddenly all that hard work is worth it.
No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, these relatable memes will help you get through the rough spots, one LOL at a time. Just don’t laugh so hard you pull a muscle.
1. When you’re still new to this healthy-living thing.
Raising a martini glass totally burns calories, right?
2. When your workout drags on…and…
Is this thing broken? It must have been an hour.
3. When you don’t see immediate results and it’s a little annoying, to be honest.
me: [uncontrollable sobbing] I can’t see you anymore. I won’t let you hurt me anymore.
Trainer: It was a sit-up. You did 1 sit up.
— JD Cheesy Grits (@JDGigi) May 25, 2016
4. When your math game is strong.
A cardio workout can turn you into a Harvard-level math genius.
5. When you get to everyone’s favorite part of the HIIT workout.
A. Just keep burpee-ing, just keep burpee-ing…
6. When you wanted to see the result, like yesterday.
I think I found an ab muscle! Oh wait, that could be last night’s tacos.
7. When all the squats finally pay off.
*grabs mic* “I want to thank everyone who made this moment possible…”
8. When the plateau hits and you’re searching for inspiration.
Roll up to the gym, “What’s up, I’m ready for leg day.”
9. When you see someone you haven’t seen in months.
Via the meme generator
Of course, you do for this you – but it never hurts to bump into your ex after you finally make those gains. Take a picture, honey, it’ll last forever.
10. When you take that hard-earned ego trip.
Via the meme generator
Yes, this is the new lifestyle and I’m thinking of making it Facebook-official.
11. When pizza is calling your name.
Eating in the bathtub is eating clean. Facts cannot be argued.
12. When you try “low-carb” and it feels like pure torture.
I’m hungry. Is drywall a curb?
13. When a snack attack occurs.
What did you find there? Wait, where are you going? Hey! You! Back here with these salty carbs!!!
14. When you’re feeling the burn.
I could use a Swedish massage right now.
15. When you nail a tough workout.
Even after the sweat, tears and endless planks, it’s all worth it — because you know you’re stronger, fitter and healthier than ever.