1. What word best describes your journey to becoming a super trainer? Determined.
2. If you weren’t a super trainer, what would you do for a living? I would host my own Oprah-style talk show or game show that would help women around the world realize their power.
3. Three qualities that got you where you are today: positivity Generosity. Sense of humor.
4. Do you want people to learn from you and learn from you first? Love yourself every day as you are (because fitness is for everyone) while you work to become the person you want to be.
Be brave enough to start the adventure. What are the risks?
Is it going better than anything we could have imagined?
5. Where did your expression “WOOOT WOOT” come from?
I have always thought that everything around us is pure energy!
WOOT WOOT has become my way of letting people know that I see their energy and send it back to me.
My mom always told me if someone lends us a whole Tupperware, always give it back whole, to give something back. It should never be emptied.
We all have a little bit of WOOT WOOT to share with others!
6. Have you recently moved?
Seeing a woman I could only understand her strength in BODi.
Claudia, who battled epilepsy (she’s been seizure free for 3 years now), had 12cm of her brain removed, lost 40kg in the last year and comes to every one of my biocasts with the biggest smile in the world and all the love.
In addition, he does not hesitate to congratulate and encourage everyone around him. She is the epitome of #HealthSteam.
7. How does it feel to be a mother? There is this little boy who has taken over all my heart… and who calls me “Mommy”.
Being a mother is like taking your heart out of your body for life. Every year is a new adventure… and it all happens very fast.
There are no parenting books. There are days when you feel truly rewarded, like you’ve finally risen to the occasion, and others when you wonder if you said the right thing or if you could have done more.
And lots of dirty laundry and dishes, ha ha!
I remember when he was running on the playground swing set, and overnight now I’m watching him run into the end zone of a high school football championship.
Being a mother makes you braver and more fearless than you think. No matter how many goals or dreams I achieve, my greatest accomplishment will be being Cain’s mom.
I feel very privileged to have a special place in his life. When people ask me what I hope my son will do with his life or what I want him to be… my only answer will always be “happy”.
8. What is your phone wallpaper? A picture of my son and me at one of his soccer games.
9. What are you most proud of and why? I will always be proud to be Cain’s mom.
But when it comes to my life and what I have achieved personally, I would say that I am most proud of the fact that no matter how hard times I have come, no matter how many times I have been locked up or shot dead. Never let life’s obstacles bring me down or change my focus.
I always believed in myself and I never stopped moving forward. It makes me so proud to be the person who illustrated the edited versions of Beachbody’s #mbf to Beachbody’s Super Trainer.
But someone breathing a little easier thanks to me or having the courage to take a step towards their dreams thanks to my story, makes me even more proud.
10. What is your idea of a perfect day?
It would be a day with my son, my family and my friends at the pool or beach, with all my mom’s homemade food and her typical Dutch apple pie.
We would play a wacky game that I would invent like a wolf with a water balloon or a one, two, three sun dance version.
We’ll make memories by being fully in the present moment… of course, with a really dynamic playlist in the background.
11. Who is your biggest role model? my mother
12. Who do you like to eat with? It will always be Booker, my chocolate Labrador who now enjoys all his treats in dog heaven.
13. What quality do you value most in a friend? Unconditional love.
14. What makes you smile in all situations? Any ACE VENTURA.
15. What is the most adventurous thing you have done?
Being a mother to a teenager. Maybe climb to the top of a really tall mountain and zipline over a waterfall in Costa Rica.
But to be honest, the most adventurous thing I have done is making my dream come true.
I never expected anyone else to understand or allow me to. I knew deep down that this was what I had to do.
16. Best advice you ever received?
A quote by Dr. Maya Angelou that guides my life: “People forget what you say. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.
17. What advice would you give to someone who is intimidated by the idea of exercising?
First, I have to see what is holding behind him. I would then tell her to focus on the person she wants to be. Then muster up the courage to do what that person does and remember that a journey of 1,000 kilometers begins with a single step.
18. NSYNC or Backstreet Boys? Bye, bye, bye, Les Backstreet Boys.
19. No one can ever guess about you by looking at you? That I am afraid of the dark. And I never watch horror movies. never
20. What excites you most about the Beginners Only program?
Everything makes me happy! Having my own Beachbody program has been a dream of mine for years.
For the first time, we’re giving people around the world a starting point, whether they’ve never played sports in their lives or simply choose to get healthy and strong.
FBO is a program where everyone can feel welcome, included and successful from their first training session, with a healthy dose of fun and WOOT WOOT.
I love that the exercises we do and the positive affirmations we choose will help each participant focus on their wellness priorities.
I imagine mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, families, active seniors, and especially those who think fitness is not for them or are intimidated by the gym or exercise, doing this program with me, laughing.
My goal is for everyone to feel confident and understand that fitness is for all shapes, ages, sizes, body types and races and for everyone to feel good where they are.