POV: You set the intention to move more this year. But making a commitment to yourself is a great place to start (congratulations, by the way!), a new routine can feel intimidating, fitness newbie or not. So what now?
You can hire a trainer, you can start an exercise log, you can sync with friends, or You can have it all (and more) with wearable technology. From tracking your heart rate on your morning jog to connecting with your family and friends for virtual fitness challenges, the new Samsung Galaxy Watch51 Packed with seriously cool features designed to help you stick to your fitness goals—and enjoy it, too.
It’s brave to start the new year with a new commitment to your physical well-being. Consider the Galaxy Watch5 your all-in-one cheerleader, coach, workout buddy and exercise journal ready to help you embrace the journey and keep you motivated every step of the way.
Read on to learn more about the fitness-focused smartwatch features on the Samsung Galaxy Watch5.
Buy Samsung Galaxy Watch5
1. Get to know your body better with a body-composition analysis (BIA).
Fitness is about getting in touch with yourself physically and mentally—and adding the Galaxy Watch5 to your wrist gives you inner wisdom. As you go about your day, whether you’re working up a sweat or sipping a leisurely coffee, various smartwatch features work to collect body composition statistics.2. Body water, skeletal muscle, basal metabolic rate and more are at your (literal) fingertips to help you perform at your best. This is the year to get to know your body better.
2. Monitor your heart rate with improved sensor accuracy
As you begin your fitness regimen, remember that your choices of movement and exertion are yours—and yours alone—to determine. A simple, individual way to measure your effort is your heart rate3 And understanding this will help you get the most out of your workout Galaxy Watch5 makes it more accurate than ever thanks to an advanced bioactive sensor built with a curved design to get closer to your skin. You can manage your well-being And Be smart about your heart without skipping a beat (or a burpee).
3. Never miss an active moment with auto workout tracking
Hear good news, fitness newbies: Exercise isn’t limited to super-sweaty gym time. To help you maximize every active moment throughout your day, the Auto Workout Tracking feature on the Galaxy Watch5 recognizes popular outdoor activities in real time, like running, rowing and swimming (yes, it’s water-resistant4) and beyond that auto-recognition, you can manually log more than 90 exercises. While trying—and tracking—that outdoor HIIT class you’ve been aiming for
4. Personalize your fitness routine with group challenges and goal setting
Finding a fitness buddy is key to your consistency. In addition to making movement more fun, you’ll keep each other motivated, focused, and connected—which can actually improve your overall performance and output.
That’s why Samsung has added group challenges and target setting to its list of new smartwatch features5. Wherever you are, you can work with your crew through friendly competition, live challenges and shared messages to help you stay motivated and hit your goals together. Your fitness journey is a personalized one—but you don’t have to go it alone.
5. Give your watch some personal flair with customized designs
And speaking of personalization, you can customize your wristband to match your mood. Contrasting colors these days, loving rose gold, or forever loyal to neutrals? The new Galaxy Watch 5 now comes in an array of watch-faces and band choices (because workout gear seems to inspire you instinctively). Go ahead, show off your personal style while crushing your fitness goals all year long.
Want to try it for yourself? Get the Samsung Galaxy Watch5 for 50 percent off at T-Mobile when you add a qualifying Watch line6
1. All features shown require a smartphone with Android 8.0 or later, 1.5GB or more RAM and Samsung Health app (free) version 6.22 or later.
2. Samsung BIA is a body analyzer that uses bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) technology to track body composition based on measurements of weight, body fat, body mass index (BMI), skeletal muscle, body water and basal metabolic rate (BMR). . . It is not intended to specifically diagnose or treat a medical condition.
3. HEART RATE SOFTWARE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSING OR OTHER CONDITIONS OR FOR USE IN THE CURE, MITIGATION, TREATMENT OR PREVENTION OF DISEASE.
4. Compatible with IP68 rating, water-resistant in 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes Residue after wet/dry rinse.
5. All participants must have the latest version of the Samsung Health app downloadable through the Galaxy Store and/or Google Play Store.
6. If you cancel wireless service before receiving the 24 bill credit, the credit stops and the balance due on the required payment agreement remains.