Whether you’ve already purchased First and Last, or you’re thinking about trying them, we want to make sure you have all the information you need about our premium supplement combination.
We put together this FAQ to address common questions you may have about FIRST THING and LAST THING.
Pro tip: Learn more about First Things and Last Things here.
General first thing and last thing FAQs
The first and last thing can be used with any Beachbody nutrition plan like 2B Mindset, Portion Fix and the 4 Week Gut Protocol?
Yes, First Thing and Last Thing can be used with 2B Mindset and portation fixes: First Thing is a “freebie” in 2B Mindset and “Free” in Part Fix.
You can use the first thing and the last thing during the 4 week bowel protocol.
Although the first item contains a small amount of non-GMO soluble corn fiber (less than 1 gram per serving), this gut-healthy source of fiber should not present you with any problems when using it during the 4-week gut protocol, especially in such small amounts. .
Can I take the first thing in addition to other Beachbody supplements?
Yes, because the first thing offers different benefits than Shakeology and other Beachbody supplements
We don’t recommend mixing the first thing though with Other Beachbody supplements, you can continue to use your existing Beachbody supplements throughout the rest of your day.
Below are tips on how to incorporate the first thing into your daily routine when using other Beachbody supplements:
- Shakeology: Use Shakeology in the morning as your daily dose of concentrated nutrients. It can be taken before or after FIRST THING. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
- Collagen: Collagen can be used when taking the first thing. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
- Power Greens: Can be taken as usual. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
- Focused Energy: Be sure to check how you feel first before using caffeinated products like Focused Energy Boost. Depending on your sensitivity to caffeine and the amount you consume during the day, you can still use both products during the day. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
- Digestive Health: Can be taken as usual. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
- Beachbody Performance Energies: Before you use a caffeinated product like Energize, check how you feel first thing after taking it. Depending on your sensitivity to caffeine and how much you consume during the day, you can use Energize before your workout after learning how it fits best into your morning routine first thing. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
- Restore: Recover can be used when taking FIRST THING. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
- Hydrate: Hydrate can be used first thing to take. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
- Bevy: BEVVY can be used when taking FIRST THING. We recommend you use it twice a day for best results. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
- FOCUSED ENERGY BEVVY: Before you use a caffeinated product like Focused Energy BEVVY, check how you feel first thing after taking it. Depending on your sensitivity to caffeine and how much you consume per day, you can use both products during your day when you need extra energy. Be sure to always follow the directions for use on the packaging.
Can FIRST THING and LAST THING be used with any Beachbody fitness plan?
Yes, First Thing and Last Thing can be used with any Beachbody fitness plan.
First thing and last thing gluten-free?
no Taking great care, we do not call a product gluten-free until we can confirm that the finished product meets FDA standards for gluten-free.
In the future we will need continued testing to be able to label these products as gluten-free.
What is the first thing and the last thing children eat?
The First Thing and The Last Thing were made for adults We recommend first thing and last thing to be consumed by adults 18 years and older only.
First thing is the FAQs
Does the first thing contain caffeine?
Yes. One scoop of the first thing contains 25 mg of caffeine from green tea leaves.
For reference, a scoop/stick pack of Beachbody Performance Energies contains 100 mg of caffeine: about the same as a cup of coffee.
If you’re sensitive to caffeine, first see how it affects you before consuming too much caffeine.
First thing is plant based?
Yes, the first thing is plant-based.
Does the first item contain artificial flavors or sweeteners?
First of all, it contains no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
Stevia leaf extract is the first thing to help sweeten.
The natural flavors used in the first ingredient are plant-derived blends including ginger, lemon and pineapple. First of all, no synthetic flavors are used.
The flavors we use are extracted using large-scale versions of old-world technologies, such as copper distillation, percolation or spinning cones (low temperature processes for delicate flavours).
These methods simply concentrate flavor components so they can be used at a lower level to enhance flavor, such as a chef making a reduction or a coulis.
How does the first thing taste?
First thing formula has a strong, unique flavor profile from botanicals. Bitter botanicals contribute to the potency of this powerful formula.
For a lighter flavor, add extra water to your first ingredient during preparation.
Flavor Hacks: Here are some tips to adjust the flavor of the first thing to your liking:
- Eat a small amount of honey or food immediately after you take the first thing
- Mix with 2 oz. Fruit herbal teas such as hibiscus berries, or chilled juices
- Prepare the first ingredient following the instructions on the bag and shake with ice before eating
Is FIRST THING safe for pregnant/nursing women?
Consult a healthcare professional before use if you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition.
Last thing is the FAQs
Is the last thing that needs to be taken at a certain time every day?
The last thing you should take as part of your nighttime routine is before bed.
Is there anything I should avoid doing after taking the last thing?
Since the ingredients in the latter are meant to help you fall asleep, some people may feel drowsy or tired after taking it.
Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or drink alcohol after the last meal.
Is the last thing safe for pregnant/nursing women?
The latter is not intended for use by pregnant or lactating women. For adults use only at bedtime.
If you are taking any medication or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare professional before use.
Can I buy the first item and the last item separately?
Yes, you can buy The First Thing and The Last Thing separately or bundled together as a subscription
Do I need to take both supplements – can I just use the first thing or the last thing?
While you don’t have to take both supplements, First Thing and Last Thing are two premium supplements that help take care of both your body and mind — day and night — to help manage the physical and mental stress you face every day.
With FIRST THING and LAST THING, you get a first-of-its-kind solution to help prepare you for whatever the day brings and get your mind and body going before bed.
Ready to start? Click here.