Googler Zahra Barnes, an editorial content manager and contributor to the Google Keyword blog, was intrigued by Fitbit Premium’s sleep profile feature when it launched in June—and the thought of gaining more insight into the quality of her sleep, not just the quantity. That’s why, after being set up with a device by Fitbit, he decided to test our sleep profiles for the next two months
The sleep profile is determined by analyzing 10 key metrics identified by the Fitbit research team as most important to your sleep health, including sleep schedule variability, sleep onset time, sleep duration, deep and REM sleep time, and more. Also, Sleep Profile will reveal which animal represents a user’s recent sleep habits. Options are bears, dolphins, hedgehogs, parrots, turtles and giraffes.
Read on for Zahra’s takeaways:
- Setting up his sleep profile was easy. Once his device and Fitbit app are set up, all he has to do is wear it.
- He thought his Inspire 3’s 10-day battery life was the stuff of dreams. “I still don’t know for sure about this!” Zahra shared.
- He found his sleep data impressiveEspecially his sleep score, and was able to improve his sleep as a result.
- Smart Wake made her mornings less rough By waking him up with a gentle vibration at the lightest point of his sleep cycle.
- Breathing exercises and guided meditation on Fitbit have helped him sleep before bedtime. At night when she couldn’t move, she found that the Fitbit helped.
- His sleeping animal, the giraffe, was as fruitful as he had hoped. She discovered that like her fellow giraffes (the most common sleeping animals), she went to bed later, slept less than women her age, and didn’t spend as much time awake during sleep.
- Fitbit’s workout boost helped him tire out. “If I had known that my Fitbit would basically be a life coach and cheerleader on my wrist, I would have tried it a lot sooner!” Written by Zahra.
Interested in trying it yourself? If you’re a Premium member, all you have to do is wear your Fitbit device to bed for at least 14 nights of the previous month and you’ll get your monthly sleep profile on the first day of the month. Available on Google Pixel Watch, Sense 2, Sense, Versa 4, Versa 3, Versa 2, Charge 5, Luxe, Inspire 2 or Inspire 3.
Want to know more about Zahra’s experience? You can read the full story on Google Keywords.
This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or condition. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, changing your sleeping habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.